CUT ABOVE SVG Design Binder: Learn how to design your own SVG cut files you can share and sell
Do you spend too much time searching for just the right design or cut file for your project? Do you have to compromise on what you want just to make something. Or, worse yet, do you refuse to settle and never finish that project?
What if, instead, you could design whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted?
Imagine how it will feel to finally make precisely what you envision, just the way you want, without compromise. Imagine having the know-how to impress everyone, even yourself, with what you can create. Imagine being connected to others who are on the same journey as you... all committed to designing beautiful things that they can upload, share with others, and even sell.
I cracked the code on creating SVG cut files to make gorgeous projects that have been shared over a million times. My files even got the attention of a book publisher, who just two months after I learned to do this, offered me a book deal. My crafting projects, my blog, and my entire life, have been forever changed by my ability to design SVG cut files.
IMAGINE WHAT IT COULD DO FOR YOU?
This SVG Design Binder contains all of the CUT ABOVE course unit workbooks -- plus some extra pages like the printable stickers, project supplies list, and design terms -- in one file! It's 163 pages and 25 MB, so it's pretty substantial.
Here are the table of contents for this amazing binder:
- Why Design Your Own SVG Cut Files?
- Binder Stickers
- Design Terms
- Project Supplies
- The Joy of SVGs: Finding, Uploading, and Using Cut Files
- What is an SVG Cut File and Where to Find Them
- How to Upload a SVG Cut File
- How to Modify and Customize an SVG Cut File
- Unit 1: GET CUT OUT FOR IT — Installing Illustration Software
- 1.1 Choose the Best Illustration Software For You
- 1.2a How to Install Inkscape on Windows
- 1.2b How to Install Adobe Illustrator on Windows
- 1.2c How to Install Inkscape on Mac OS
- 1.2d How to Install Adobe Illustrator on Mac OS
- 1.3 Basic Functions and Tools in Inkscape and Illustrator
- Unit 2: MAKE THE CUT — Creating Your First Design
- 2.1 You’re On a Vector!
- 2.2 Creating a New Document
- 2.3 Rulers and Guides
- 2.4 How to Make Basic Shapes
- 2.5 Resizing and Scaling Projects
- Unit 3: CUT A FINE FIGURE — A Complex Object
- 3.1 Discover the Real Power of Vector Illustration Software
- 3.2 How to Make Lines with the Pen Tool
- 3.3 How to Modify Lines
- 3.4 How to Properly Copy and Duplicate Objects
- 3.5 How to Clean Up Your Files
- Unit 4: CUT ALONG — Tracing an Image
- 4.1 Your Secret Weapon: How to Auto Trace
- 4.2 Making Score Lines
- 4.3 How to Design Simple Pop-Ups
- Unit 5: CUTTING REMARKS — Creating and Manipulating Text
- 5.1 A Little Text Education
- 5.2 How to Create Text and Make Paths
- 5.3 How to Create Curved Text and Other Shapes
- 5.4 How to Change Font, Family, Style, Size, and Color
- Unit 6: CUT A BREAK — Combining Objects
- 6.1 The Solution is Unification!
- 6.2 How to Use the Path/Pathfinder Tools
- 6.3 Breaking and Modifying Compound Paths
- 6.4 Designing with Negative Space
- Unit 7: MAKE THE FINAL CUT — Grouping and Layering Your Projects
- 7.1 Groups and How to Use Them
- 7.2 Creating and Understanding Layers
- 7.3 Aligning and Distributing Objects
- 7.4 Cloning Your Way to Greatness
- Unit 8: CUT LOOSE — Saving and Sharing Your Designs
- 8.1 Should You Share Your Files?
- 8.2 Preparing and Testing Your Files for Sharing
- 8.3 Creating a License For Your Designs
- 8.4 Packaging Your Work for Distribution
- Print Release Form
All pages are clear and well-illustrated, designed by bestselling author and award-winning graphic designer Jennifer Maker.
Get your SVG Design Binder today!
SPECIAL BONUS: If you purchase this binder, you will receive a special coupon good for $47 off the price of the full CUT ABOVE SVG Design Course with 50+ videos, hands-on projects, and personal feedback from Jennifer, so you can enroll the next time the course opens!
Instant digital download (nothing will be shipped).
All of the products in this bookshop are digital downloads only.
Not sure how to download? Below are some common download instructions:
Important: Most mobile devices such as phones and iPads, do not allow for downloading through a link. The exception is for iOS devices running iOS version 11 and higher (so you may want to upgrade before downloading).
ZIP Files: Some of my products are sent using a compressed ZIP file.
Here's how to unzip a ZIP file:
On a desktop or laptop: Save the ZIP file to your computer, right-click and select, "Extract All" (Windows) or double-click (Mac). This will create a new file on your computer in which you can open. If you need to get the files onto your mobile device, add the file to iCloud or Dropbox, or simply email it to yourself. Alternatively, you can check your order email on your mobile device and re-download it from my store. If you have issues with downloading, make sure you have a strong Internet connection and/or try using a different browser.
On a mobile device (phone or tablet): If you have an iPhone or iPad, upgrade to iOS 11 or higher if possible. If you this is not an option, you may need to get a free app to unzip it BEFORE you attempt to download it. This will allow you to unzip the folder to access it. Another solution available on some mobile devices is to long hold the zipped file icon and then click, "Extract." On iOS 11 and higher, you can click "Preview Contents" to view the items inside the ZIP file and then save them individually to your device.
All files are sent using PDF format. Virtually all computers these days have pre-installed Adobe Reader software on them. If your particular desktop, laptop, or mobile device does not have a PDF reader of some sort on it, you'll need one to view the items. Adobe Reader is the most common one and it's free. You can download it here.
Can't find your file? Most downloaded files automatically go to the Downloads folder on both Mac and PC. On the Mac, click on the Finder icon in your dock and click on Downloads to see what you've downloaded recently. On the PC, look under My Computer or search the title of the file on your computer for where it could be hiding.
Note: Some web browsers will load the PDF directly into the browser. You can make a copy of this PDF and save it somewhere that makes sense on your computer by clicking File > Save.
Printing Note: If you attempt to print my PDFs from an iPad, you may encounter an iPad bug that prints the pages without the images. If this happens, you need to print from another location (laptop or desktop computer) or email the PDF to a local office supply store (Staples, OfficeMax, Office Depot) for printing. This is a known iPad bug without a good workaround. I mention it now to save you from wasting ink and paper.
If you need more help, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Jennifer Maker is the Goddess of teaching me how to use my cricut!! She has taught me so much on how to use my cricut with patience and love!! She was born to teach and she does it a way you can easily understand!!